Thursday, January 25, 2007

A Women's Right to a Callback

One of the greatest mysteries in life is figuring out how to get a man to call you back. In this technology laden world, the callback should be one of the easiest things for a man to master. But, here in the 21st century when no one is without their cellphone at any minute of the day, a man can not figure out how to call a women back. This comes up for one reason, yesterday I was supposed to have a lunch date with a friend, whom I will call Big. Yes I am reffering to Mr. Big in SATC, but this guy is exactly like him, smooth, suave, great talker, even better bullshitter (and let's face it, every women has her own Mr. Big). We have known each other for a few years now and talk every so often. I hadn't spoken to Big in about 5 months. I saw him once in September when I first moved to New York, as he is a native New Yorker. After that one time, I never heard from him again, that is until about 3 weeks ago. Around Christmas, I received a text message from him saying that he lost his phone so he didn't have my number, but he just recently "found" my number again. I played the game and waited to call him back for about a week. I called, left a message and nothing. Then on Monday, he calls. i answer, we caught up and he suggests that we get together for lunch on Wednesday. He said he would call me Tuesday to finalize plans. I'm pretty excited, I hadn't seen him in a while so I thought it would be fun. I even picked out some great restaurants in the Financial District (where he works) such Michelin rated restaurants as Bridge Cafe and Harry's Cafe or Bobby Van's Grill which is actually inside an old bank vault! Tuesday rolls around and no call. I am starting to get a little worried that my lunch date is not going to happen. I get the balls to call him late Tuesday night, no answer, I don't leave a message, I figure he will just call me back. Just to be safe, I send him a text saying "still on 4 lunch tomorrow?". I get no response. Wednesday comes and no call, no text, no lunch. Why?? Why would he even make plans and then not call? What was going through his mind when he decided to stand me up? I would totally understand if he didn't want to see me, but either don't make plans at all, or call me and tell me. Have the balls, be a real man, make something up! Tell me your dog died, I don't care, but at least give me the common curtesy and call me back. I think I have the right to a callback! It is now Thursday, and I still haven't heard from him. I can only think that he got arrested and can't waste his one phone call on me.

No comments: